Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Design on a Dime"

During my extended 2 week stay in California with Logan, my mom and I decided to completely redo JT's room and bathroom. Unfortunately, boys, dogs, and carpets do not mix well and the room & bathroom were in desperate need of new flooring; and because JT loves to color on the wall we wanted to do something on the walls that he could legally draw on. So we tore up all the carpet, prepped the plywood floors, and laid vinyl "parquet" flooring. We were surprised at how good it looked considering the time & money we'd spent. I then became rather ambitious and helped finish it off by laying quarter round to finish the trim...I was fairly impressed with my skills on the saw & nail gun. I figured I'd watched Brent enough over the last 6 years it couldn't be too terribly difficult. And the black paint you see on the walls is "chalkboard" paint- I think every 6 year old should have this in their room! We finished the walls off by trimming them with quark board and stained rope trim (more great skills with the saw!). If you couldn't tell, there is a cowboy theme in the room. I left before we were able to get the furniture moved back in, but mom has assured me it looks very cute & I'm waiting for mor pictures! Not bad for two handy women!




No comments: