Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas 2008

Ok, I'm finally getting around to posting some christmas pictures. I decided to stay in California for an extra two weeks to help my mom out with stuff around the house while poor Brent had to head back to freezing cold Ohio last week to finish up his last two quarters of school!!! This is the first time we've been apart for this long in a very long time & I always forget how hard it is to be apart; but, I'm grateful that he was able to sacrafice being alone for a couple weeks so that I could spend a little bit of extra time with my family here in the warm weather.

The tradition in the Peterson household is that all the kiddos (& now the grandkiddos) have to line up on the stairs while mom & dad (Nonni & Pappa) take LOTS of video and pictures of everone before coming to see what Santa has brought. Every Christmas morning is such an ordeal trying to pile everyone on the stairs...actually, its the getting everyone to the stairs that is the ordeal. And apparently in the last couple of years my mom thought that everyone should be adorned with santa hats or antlers...it really does make quite a picture!


All the "Peterson girls": Megan, Kat (david's wife), mom, meredith & me.


Logan trying to open christmas gifts. It was pretty funny to watch becuase we'd give him a present to open and he would inspect the package, then start wripping the paper, then the paper would go into the mouth and then finally he'd discover that there was a toy inside. Then he'd get really excited about the toy and wanted to play with the toy. But then we'd take the toy away that he had just discovered to give him another box with paper...he was getting a little annoyed that just as soon as he found a new toy we'd take it away from him! Maybe next year he'll catch on a little more!


David, Kat and Christian


Josh (Merzy's hubby) taking over trash duty.


Merzy & Sophie


Megan & Erik


Logan was fascinated with this mistletoe ornament on the tree.


The first thing Logan pulled out of his stocking was a candy cane & it immediately went in the mouth. So, since it was christmas I unwrapped it and let him try it...he loved it. We couldn't get it away from him and soon his hands, face and jammies were covered in sticky, candy cane drool!!


Dad was not thrilled that I let our little guy suck on a sugary stick so soon...I did at least brush his teeth later!


Nonni got this great rocking horse at Costco for the grandbabies...they loved riding on it and making it "nay".


I went ahead and let Logan finish off his second christmas with more sugar. He completely devoured the chocolate "yule log" cake I gave him and insisted on eating the cake I had on my plate as well. Christmas was a success!
Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: