Friday, September 19, 2008

Our bathroom is finished

Ok, most of our summer udates on our condo are complete...hurray! Now we can sit back and enjoy Buckeye season (and maybe just a little house work here and there). Our upstairs shower was pretty much our last BIG project (there's a never ending list of small ones). I kinda took this upon myself to do because Brent did not seem too motivated...I can't really blame him since he did just finish our kitchen and he's kinda in school full time. Anyways, I went to Home Depot/Lowes and got all of the supplies (I even inquired about a tile cutter in the rental dept- the guy thought I was out of my mind). I successfully got all of the materials home and moved forward with the demo of the old shower. It felt awsome to pound all the old nasty tile off the wall (well, not so much the next day, but at the time). Unfortunately after I got all the old tile off I discovered a little mold in one of the corners (GROSS). So I called Brent to tell him I was going to cut the old dry wall out and put new backer board in...and he promptly told me not to touch ANYTHING and that he would be home any minute!! Brent became closely involved in the project after that! My handy hubby replace the nast backer board, built in great little cubbies for storage and installed new hardware. I was pretty much in charge of placing tile while he cut. All in all, the project went fairly smoothly & I'm fully confident that I can retile our next bathroom (not in this house) all by myself. Here are pics from the project.




2 comments:

Joell said...

It looks so good! You are so handy!

Unknown said...

Oh,what a handy couple! :) Well, you did a great job. Your bathroom looks good. The ambiance is very relaxing. Hmm,looks like you enjoyed remodelling your bathroom with your hubby.

Nolan Anderson