Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dad's 1st Ever Backyard Getaway!

For Father's Day this year since I was still in Cali with Logan, my family decided to put together a "Backyard Getaway" for my Dad.  If you know my Dad, he LOVES to go on vacation; problem is, no one ever has anytime...including him.  So to simply things, we had a very trendy "staycation" and it turned out awsome.  We opened our staycation with a BBQ & transformed the backyard....which we enjoyed for the rest of the weekend (and summer) as well.

Opening Night: Backyard BBQ

It wasn't quite as warm as Palm Springs or Hawaii...but much closer!!
We had a yummy dinner of BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, sweet potatoe french fries and homemade ice cream!
 

The next day we went to Irvine Park.  The two boys (JT & Logan) went on pony rides, then we all ventured over to the zoo, had a picnic lunch & finished off with a train ride.  I was even super thrifty and managed to find coupons for all our events online (I was very proud of myself because I'm normally not that prepared).  More pictures when I get a better internet connection!





No comments: